How To Fix Not Provided Keywords In Google Analytics: Currently all of the organic keyword search data
In the past, you could go into your Google Analytics account and see all of the keywords that were driving organic traffic to your website or online business. On May 21, 2010, Google announced an encrypted/secure search. Encrypted search removed the availability of keywords in Google Analytics.
Instead of seeing a keyword like “PUBG Update” with 59 visits – you’d see (not provided) with 200 visits. Those 200 not provided visits include all keywords used in the encrypted search. I know… it is pathetic.
Google took encrypted search a step further on Oct. 18, 2011 by announcing that it would be securing all searches people made while signed into their Google accounts.
Encrypted search took its third hit in September 2013 when Search Engine Land reported that Google was moving towards securing all searches. Currently, all keyword data is being stripped/removed and replaced with (not provided).
How To Fix Not Provided Keywords In Google Analytics
Now all you have to do is to login into your Google Analytics Dashboard and navigate to an option namely “Admin”.
Then Go to the option named “Filters”.
After entering into Filters now click on “+ADD FILTER”
After entering the Add filter option all you have to do is to follow the Instructions in the Picture below.
- You have to give Name for your Filter in the “Filter Name” option.
- Select Filter type to “Custom”.
- Then Select “Advance” Toggle option.
- In Field A -> Extract A select “Campaign Term” and in the option, you have to enter (.not provided.)
- In Field B -> Extract B select “Request URI” and in the option, you have to enter (.*)
- In Output To -> Constructor select “Campaign Term” and
inoption, you have to enter np – $B1
- Check the “Field A Required”
- Check the “Field B Required”
- Check the “Override Output Field“
- Leave the “Case Sensitive” unchecked.
- Now save the whole filter by clicking on the Save Button.
Tadda! its done! we have successfully fixed Not Provided Keywords In Google Analytics. Bow you will no longer see the term (Not Provided) in google analytics.
Thanks for reading, If you have any questions feel free to comment on this post.